3.31.2010

Discobrarians

Being wined and dined in a castle is apparently standard treatment at conferences here; it's quite posh. Listening to slightly tipsy librarians giggle uncontrollably at the long-windedness of a British awards ceremony was actually pretty funny.

Dromoland Castle was the the site of our conference dinner last night, and while I was disappointed that I didn't get to wander around in the much older part of the castle, it was still really cool. The first shuttle bus didn't leave back for the hotel until 11PM, and it took that long to get through cocktails, dinner, and the presentations. The disco music was just starting up when I left. Disco in a castle, I know.

Nancy and I presented our paper yesterday morning and it went really well. This conference has been great - so many quality presentations, and lots of fun people. On a side note, it actually snowed here, briefly, two nights ago. Strange for Ireland. It's been raining ever since, and I'm hoping I won't get poured on during my walk over to the conference hotel this morning.