12.05.2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

My shopping list is almost wrapped up, except for a few stocking stuffers. I was browsing the dollar store for that purpose the other day and I saw this lovely toy... for that non-malignant girl in your life. (Click for a bigger view.)

This weekend was another busy one. On Friday night we went to the annual pastors' associational Christmas dinner. Saturday was Jerri's wedding shower. I finally got to meet Tim's mom. We always tease him that we don't think his family exists because we have known him for over 7 years and have never laid eyes on them. By a freak chance I actually got to see Tim's brother last spring, and then finally his mom yesterday. His dad is still in the realm of the mythical as far as I am concerned! Anyhow, it was a nice shower and nearly all the girls there had gone on Focus trips or overseas in some way so it was cool to talk about all the places we'd been. I was going to give Jerri some Febreeze and Beano, but I was good!

Saturday afternoon and evening we got our Christmas tree. Matt's fire station sells trees every year so we got a nice fir from them. It smells delectable. I know the picture is small but for some reason it wouldn't show any bigger... it's me in their shiny new engine. Matt even let me honk the airhorn. :-) Speaking of Matt, he had his testing for his hazmat training this weekend and scored the top in his class, getting a 50 out of 50 on his written exam. Since he got the best grade, he got to be the incident commander for their practical exam. Needless to say we are all very proud! He is busy using his extensive knowledge to concoct new ways to combine dangerous chemicals to clean out our downstairs bathroom. :-)

Justin and I also bought our tickets to Oklahoma today. We'll be gone from Christmas afternoon until the evening of Jan 6th. We have some time planned with the family, New Years' in OKC, and the Life Impact conference after that. We're really looking forward to it, especially getting to see Ruby and Granny June who we haven't seen in at least 2 years.