12.08.2005

and the oscar goes to...

The 2005 Best Display of Nerdiness to Sara Miller... wow, I even out-nerded myself yesterday when I was the only one in a room of all librarians to know the answer to a trivia question... who was MSU's first librarian and where was the original library located? That is what happens to people who read plaques on the wall in their dorms and remember the useless content for the rest of their lives. (answer for you OTHER nerds who want to know: Linda E. Landon and Linton Hall.) I wish I could remember where I put my keys instead of something I read while wasting time in my undergrad dorm!

I had another scary work moment today. A prof asked me to come and give a lecture on library resources to his class in the spring. Yikes. He is an expert on the main database that I'm going to talk about too. There is no longer any doubt in my mind as to what I'm going to be studying over Christmas break!

Looking forward to the weekend - a visit to Grand Rapids and some shopping at Great Lakes Crossing. That is, if this snowstorm that we are supposed to get tonight doesn't immobilize us. They should have it cleared by Saturday I hope.