12.10.2005

whey-ing in

It wouldn't be Christmas without an annual trip to Frankenmuth to visit Bronner's (the world's largest Christmas store... it's seriously out of control) and to walk around the distinctly Bavarian-themed village. Here is Kevin being his cheesy self in front of the aptly named Haus.

Justin, Nelia, Matt, Kevin, and I took Stephanie, Robert, and Jolee for a fun day of shopping. The adults (loosely defined) split off to visit Bronner's and the village while the "younger" set hit the outlet malls. I had to break down and buy a generous hunk of gorgonzola and and a block of their famous chocolate cheese.

At Bronner's, Justin and I finally settled on a beautiful blown glass ball for our annual ornament purchase- after vetoing ornaments in the form of disco balls, a garlic clove, pickles, firetrucks, and even an octopus.

Tonight we went to see the Chronicles of Narnia. I was SO glad that they left the story intact. I was bawling like a baby of course. The effects weren't that great but the story was very true to the original, and that is what gives it heart. The girl who played Lucy was absolutely precious. I can't wait to own this one on DVD.