12.01.2005

too cute

Today was really busy with meetings, a funeral, and a new to-do list from my boss. The more I have to do at work the more excited I get about it... it's still such a strange phenomenon for to me to enjoy work. I am loving the challenge.

I got to have lunch with Denise today at a cute little restauant in cute little downtown Mason. After lunch we went to the cute little five-and-dime next door. For those of you who don't know, Mason is a little town just south of Lansing that has an incredibly well-preserved old-time downtown. There is a huge, beautiful old courthouse (see pic and click for original site) in the middle of the square surrounded by all the aforementioned cute little shops. Mason is so cute, in fact, that they sent a crew from the show "Three Wishes" to do an episode there becuase it is such a "perfect" representation of small-town America. Denise has it on good authority from her mom's hairdresser (like I said, small town...) that Mason may be on their Christmas Special and possibly be visited in the spring... In the meantime, there are plenty of cool old houses there for Justin and I to drool over.

By the way, Peng has put some pictures up of Thanksgiving. You can see them here. Peng assured me that the captions don't say "This was the worst food I ever tasted!" in Chinese!