1.31.2007

the inevitable

So Justin and I went to our first of 6 childbirth classes last night. I didn't realize it was his first time seeing a video of a live birth. I guess in Oklahoma it's illegal to show that kind of thing in public school, or at least it was in the 80s. He did very well! No leaving the room or turning pale or barfing, even when the nurse gave the poor guys in the room a vivid analogy about the pain of labor, comparing it to having a blood pressure cuff wrapped around their um... nether regions and having it set to go off every 2 minutes! I'm actually more squeamish than he is when it comes to that stuff. I know I won't be able to watch OR listen when they talk about epidurals... the very thought of a big old needle anywhere near my spine makes me want to pass out!

It's been a busy week and the time seems like it's both flying and dragging endlessly until the baby comes. I have lots to do at work before my leave and the house is coming along really nicely. It looks like there are going to be 3 showers planned, which will be great fun. Winter has also finally decided to show up here - a few weeks ago the temperature dropped and it's been nice, frigid, and snowy ever since. I didn't realize how much I missed the sparkling, breathtakingly cold "real" winter! I just hope it doesn't last till June this year. ugh.