12.21.2005

Wild Weekend Part I - The Bachelor

You know you’re getting old when it takes you a whole week to recover from one night with three hours of sleep. It was time well spent however as I haven’t gotten to talk to Blessy face to face in ages. Sometimes you just need to stay up till 3AM. I can’t believe I regularly was up till 2 in college, but then again I didn’t have to get up three hours later.

I’m still catching my breath from the weekend. Blessy came in late Friday afternoon and no sooner did we get home then we were off to meet Jerri and Kim to take Jerri out for a nice low key bachelorette dinner. I can’t remember the last time I went out to eat with just the girls, it was so nice! Jerri even got to wear her tiara and a flashing “bride-to-be” button that Kim found. We went back to Kim’s and watched a major chick flick (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and had some ice cream cake and snacks. Meanwhile, poor Tim was getting the now infamous bachelor party treatment from the guys. These parties have taken on a life of their own, and the guys start planning them years before one of them even has a marriage prospect! They have cryptic “themes” that the bachelor can know ahead of time… but no details. Tim’s was “Fear Factor,” a nod to his love of extreme stunts. I have promised not to post pictures on the blog, but I’m sure you can imagine the size 18 x-tall aqua chiffon bridesmaid’s dress that Jeffrey purchased on e-bay. Tim sported this lovely gown most of the evening while climbing the rock wall at Dick’s Sporting Goods store, walking around the mall and getting “accessorized” at Claire’s, sitting in the parking garage in East Lansing and playing his guitar to earn 5 bucks, and buying people food at BW3’s… the very popular campus sports bar & grill. There is a great picture of Tim playing his guitar in the dress… good thing he was wearing shorts underneath it because he was sitting in a VERY unladylike manner! J The guys finished off the evening by bringing Tim back to the church and making him ride a tricycle (Tim is 6’5”) through an obstacle course and then bobbing for a bottle of Beano in a vat filled with 9 gallons of pork’n’beans. I’m not sure that I’ll ever understand this “guy” way of saying “I love you” to one another but I do recognize it, even if it’s in the form of beans, ugly dresses, and elaborate plans. Don’t worry, they were very nice to Tim at the end by encouraging him, praying for him, and giving him a nice big TV that they all pitched in for.

To Be Continued...