12.16.2005

ghetto fabulous

... the name of our new HGTV show, for the home makeover where all you can afford is paint. Also known as "Re-arranging Furninture 101." I could shoot myself for not taking a picture of Tim's room before he moved out so I could do a before/after comparison. We intended just to clean it out and set up our antique bed for Blessy's visit, but of course it turned into a full scale room makeover. It's now our "Early Americana" room... just right for our future New England colonial house. That is a fun thing about being married to Justin... you never know when a room is about to get dismantled, overhauled, rearranged, repainted... it's like impulse Trading Spaces. I'm not sure how many people at church realize that the parsonage living room has been painted "Hellfire Red" for the last three years. :-) I will put a pic of the new room up soon.