11.02.2005

Catching Up

I really miss my blog with this crazy new schedule! Let's see, where did I leave off...

This past weekend was pretty eventful. Friday I had my wisdom tooth out with no problems, thank goodness. It was nice to have a day at home. Saturday I cooked jamablaya in the crock pot and Mike came over for dinner. Sunday we had a TON of visitors at church, it was so exciting! We went out to lunch afterwards and almost half of us there were new people.

Sunday afternoon I got the privilege of spending some time with Mary, one of our new visitors. She is going through a lot and needs prayer. It is really obvious that God is working in her life and drawing her to Himself. If you get a chance please pray for her that she'll make the decision to give her life to Him. She is pretty much face to face with that decision now.

I have to brag on our church for a minute... it's boasting in Christ because of the Christlike attitude our members have been showing, and I am so proud of everyone. Mary said to me on Sunday that our church was the first one she felt comfortable at and she knew she wouldn't be judged. I was so happy to hear that - we try so hard to accept people as God has accepted us and it was nice to hear that it has helped someone.

Last night (Tuesday) was a bit of an extravaganza. The last Star Wars movie came out on DVD and the basement filled up with fans pretty quickly to watch Annakin turn into Darth Vader. We really are a bunch of nerds! :-)