3.12.2007

showering and gigging

Thursday was our first baby shower. It was at work, and I was frankly overwhelmed! There were tons of people, food, and generosity going around. I'm glad Justin got to come and meet everyone who he hears me talk about all the time! Photos, courtesy of Peng, attached at the end.

Saturday we had Shower #2 at Marie's house. It was, again, a great time and I got some very cool books for Ellie, including a surprise return of the infamous Bun Appetit from Laura. That one will have to wait until she is a bit older I'm afraid. I'm not sure I want "Victualize my voluptitude" to be her first words! Of course, I forgot to take photos. Duh. You can take my word for it that it was a blast.

Sunday night our praise band had our first "gig!" We got our "roadies" Justin and Andy to help us load up and truck over to Faith Fellowship where we played at their revival service. The best part was the look on Matt's face when he walked in to the sanctuary and saw that they had a REAL drumset. He was practically jumping up and down. We left the electric set in the truck and let him bang away, which sounded awesome. We rocked so hard we ended up blowing out our sound system, hee hee! ;-) I wonder what Ellie thought of all that noise. She will be one rockin' baby!


Xiaolei and me, looming large, at the work shower


Me, Justin, and Laura chatting it up


Gifts galore!