1.03.2007

week of calm... sorta

We've returned from a New England Christmas - although snow and sleigh bells were replaced by all this warm weather it was still nice to be home. The grand tour took us to Niantic, Pawcatuck, and Boston, with a stop at the Mystic Seaport for a lantern light tour - one of those cool things I haven't done since I was kid. It was like a live version of the History Channel. Good to see family as always... and who knows when we will get out there again with the little one coming.

This week we're playing catchup with the house projects. The nursery is coming along and I now have a dresser in which to put all the vintage 1970s baby clothes that my mom brought out of the attic. The scary thing is that I actually remember wearing those plaid corduroy bell bottoms to nursery school! Denise and I ventured down to Ikea yesterday and picked up some extra things. We also got the travel system stroller/car seat combo that we've been eyeing. It really seems like there is a baby coming soon...

On the 1st, Jill put up our new web stie for church - immanuellive.com. Check it out! We will have pics for the photo gallery soon. She did an awesome job in getting all that info up there. We have now entered the 21st century... at least technologically speaking!

On Monday we're headed out to Oklahoma to see the in-laws. We're hopefully going to get to see family and grandparents and also meet up with some friends in OKC. Our much-anticipated Sonic trips may have to be limited due to the fact that I've developed a mild case of gestational diabetes... so no cherry limeaides for me this trip... the sugar-free ones just don't cut it. ugh.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. I'll write again upon our return from the OK state.