6.12.2006

peeps

This seems to be the weekend for people photos. They came in from all over. I also had my camera at church on Sunday and Kathy was warning people to look out or they were going to end up on the blog! I must say that she does have the gift of prophecy. :-) Look out Kathy, you're next!

Alison and Taure are approaching the final stretch before the wedding. Here they are in Wickford, RI. My summer homesickness is kicking in... I wish I were hanging out by the ocean too!

Joey and Jolee are posing on the right. Joey was in the middle of yelling "American Cheeeeeeeese!" Apparently plain cheese isn't good enough anymore. :-)

Here is a bunch of us hanging out before church on Sunday morning. I had a "getting old" moment the other day. We have been having a lot of those around chez miller lately. Kevin was recently mistaken for the "dad" of one of the 20ish LCC college students (who was in turn mistaken for being 12). I heard through the grapevine yesterday that I was referred to by one of our high school students as "pretty hot for an older chick." Ouch, or thanks... I think????

Speaking of Kevin, good news for him as he has found a house to rent in Mount Pleasant. He will be moving up there most likely by the end of the month to take over the directorship of CMU's Christian Challenge group and hopefully start a new church. We will still get to see him though as he will be commuting back and forth for a while. Chelsea is going to miss him the most I think!

This cutie with the balloon is our friends Kevin and Kara's daughter at a chucrch fair in Oklahoma. Justin was getting a little homesick for the wind sweeping down the plains when he saw these photos too. He spent several years in their town as a kid. After all, Bartlesville is the home of a Frank Lloyd Wright skyscraper, the Murphy's Hot Hamburger, and a grocery store that got leveled by a tornado... among other, far less cooler things.