6.27.2006

golf...

We had quite the adventure last night. I went golfing for the second time in my life. It was pretty scary (my "playing," that is.) Denise and Bambi took Justin and I out on the beautiful course where she works (Forest Akers West) and I made it about 5 holes before I was afraid missing the ball or hitting the ground one more time would throw out my back for good! I decided to sit back in the cart and enjoy the gorgeous evening while caddying for Justin, who on the other hand, was quite the pro! I think it's a pastorly requirement to be good at golf. Denise and Bambi were hitting some pretty good shots too. I, however, am a lost cause.

My favorite part was driving the golf cart around. Justin remarked that my Bunin genes were coming out when I started tearing around the corners. It was all I could do to keep myself from trying to get some "sweet air" off some of the little hills. I'm surprised I didn't get kicked off the course for reckless driving! Denise was nice enough to let us play for free so I figured I'd try not to get her in trouble by tipping one over. And I am still in awe of the fact that the putting green was real grass. I had to lie down on it at one point to make sure.