5.30.2006

5th anniversary trip

As promised, here are some shots from our time in Saugatuck. Yes, it was COLD! No swimming for me, although I did stick my feet in the water until they were numb... about 30 seconds. Justin, bless his heart, was humoring my burning desire to go to the beach even though it was about 50 degrees outside and we were about to get blown over. What a good sport!

We had dinner at an old mansion called the Belvedere Inn. We felt a little underdressed but it was very nice.
The gardens were just about to burst into bloom, and we got to wander around the mansion for a little bit. I had scallops with champagne butter and caviar and a big juicy filet mignon... mmm! Justin had a steak too and chocolate cheesecake that was ALMOST as good as Mom's!

We also went on a bit of a "fantasy real estate" tour of the area. One of our favorite things to do is look at houses, so we found some cool ones to spy on and even dropped in on an open house for a $1.5 million "cottage" right on Lake Michigan. Like I said, fantasy. :-)

I posted some more of our photos on my Flickr site if you'd like to see them. I didn't get a shot of the million dollar cottage, but we did see some other very nice places! It was so nice to take a few days off. I can't believe that it's already been 5 years. God has really blessed us!