4.18.2006

yet MORE destruction!

Seems to be a bit of a destruction/demolition theme here... I just watched online as the old Jamestown Bridge got blown up. You can watch the video here. I think Justin's love of watching things explode in movies is rubbing off on me, or maybe I've just watched Mythbusters too much. Or it's just my morbid disaster fascination kicking in... Anyhow it is cool. It was a pretty scary bridge to drive over so it's a little creepy seeing it fall down, but worth the watch. If I'm not mistaken, this bridge's center section had a grate for a roadway.... the kind that makes that awful noise as you are driving over it, and you could look down and see the water underneath you. It was either this bridge or the Newport bridge (on the other side of the island) that I'm thinking of... Oh, the bridge is on the way to Newport, RI by the way, for all you non-easterners. :-) (Photo and story from the Boston Globe website.)