4.18.2006

april

I didn't quite capture the sun comming through the blooms on this tree outside my building this morning. Even though it's just shy of 40 degrees this morning, spring is still on its way. These are the times I'm glad I don't live in Texas... sorry Wrights! :-)

Happy belated Easter to everyone as well. It was nice to celebrate this year and great to have a lot of visitors in church. If they would only come back... We have some boys that come over and play basketball in our parking lot all the time, and I was really happy to see them with their mom in church last Sunday. I have struggled a lot with keeping a good attitude about these kids since my headlight cover was "mysteriously" shattered last year while I was parked near to the basketball hoop. They also like to yell at Chelsea. Usually I don't have a problem seeing ministry potential in kids but for some reason my attitude has not been good about these boys. I'm trying. Seeing them in church helped me be thankful that they feel comfortable coming over to play ball.

All else is good here. We're going to Holland this weekend to see Julie and company, and Justin is guest preaching. I'm supposed to sing something like a good preachawife should but I don't know what that's going to be yet. Good thing I enjoy that "sangin' and playin' pianna" or else I might not be forgiven for shaking the neighborhood with the bass in in my punch buggy in a decidedly un-preachawife-like manner! :-)