1.18.2006

midweek

I wanted to put up this photo of Alison (my sister for those unaware). I thought it was a great shot.

My job was posted today, so it's time once again to revamp the resume! I'm pretty excited though... since I am already doing the job that's posted, I fit the description to a T. My boss has been fantastic with helping me prioritize projects to help me be competitive for the spot.

In other news we started our women's Bible study up again last night and are using the Serendipity group study bible so that everyone can take turns learning how to teach. I've missed the group a lot over break! I particularly miss Denise who should be coming home tomorrow from her South African version of "Meet The Parents" (or in this case extended family). I can't wait to hear about her and Bambi's trip... not in Zulu though I hope. Before they left she was constructing her own Zulu phrasebook with essential entries such as "fat white girl." I'm trusting she didn't need that one! ;-)

Our impeccably-behaved dog scored a personal best this weekend... she managed to bust open a thick cardboard box from Sam's Club full of granola bars, and proceeded to ingest 25 of them, including wrappers. Now she is only a 75-pound dog... I'm sure more like 85 now... but I know of no one who weighs 2 or 3 more times than that who could actually eat 25 granola bars in one sitting. I called the vet first thing in the morning and he said just to keep an eye on her in case she started getting lethargic. Since she was tearing around like usual I didn't worry too much about it, and the wrappers have since been appearing in, shall we say, interesting places. I think Chelsea could fill up her own blog.. "The Devil Made Me Do It."

Our internet at home has been on the fritz this week so the promised entry about our vacation, complete with photos, will have to wait until Comcast gets its booty in gear...