10.20.2005

surprise!

Heather found out yesterday how easy it is to actually surprise me... I was totally clueless that she was throwing a party for me and her supervisor Jill at work. She pulled it off by telling me the party was for Jill and telling Jill that the party was for me. Of course everyone else knew it was for both of us. I don't think I've ever met anyone who is as thoughtful of others as Heather.

Yesterday was a long but good day. Carrie and I finally found a time to meet one-on-one. It is so easy to forget how valuable time in the Word is... then when you find yourself teaching someone else how important it is you gain back that appreciation! We started out last night in Galatians and focused on "pleasing man" for a while. It never ceases to amaze me how He has it all there for us if only we'd just want to open our eyes!

Tonight Justin is speaking at Christian Challenge. It got moved back to Thursday nights... a good thing because "FNC: Friday Night Challenge" really lost any seriousness whatsoever when we started hearing "I'll FN' C you there!" :-)