10.25.2005

dust (and hay) settling

It's definitely going to take me a while to get used to this new schedule. Each day is different, which is so great for variety's sake, but the feeling of it is still really new.

Thursday night Justin spoke on self-control at Christian Challenge. He used another of his famous analogies, this time about standing in line for the bathroom. Our analogy list now reads: Faith is like chicken, salvation is like cooties, we are like a bologna sandwich... and now self-control is like the pee-pee dance. If you have never heard Justin speak, just believe me that they all make perfect sense in context!

So the weekend... This Saturday we had our annual church hayride, or shall I say hay fight. It was great to have a huge crowd this year! We had almost 40 I believe. The first picture is of Jess getting a special pre-hay hair treatment from Justin!

We had the "rowdy" wagon and the "weenie" wagon... I was glad to be a "weenie" this year and keep watch over some of the littlest kids. Justin was a great sport as usual- despite his hay allergies he went on the "rowdy" wagon and got completely covered by hay-slinging kids who got a fiendish delight out of pelting the pastor. Luckily he still had his voice to preach the next morning.

Sunday night Matt treated us to his latest sermon. It was on parenting. He drew on his vast experience with the subject. :-) He DID do a great job of basing it on Scripture and giving examples (fron the kids' point of view at least!)

Yesterday I spent over three hours waiting at the dentist's office for him to tell me that I have to come back Friday to have my 3 remaining wisdom teeth yanked. And he can't knock me out for it either. The excitement never ends around here I tell you!
We did have a fun evening though - we went over to the newly opened Hobby Lobby, the first one we've had up here in Lansing. For you northerners, that's a gigantic home and craft shop that beats Michael's and JoAnn's hands down. Of course they are having all these great opening sales so Justin and I had to hang onto the wallet. We managed to get out with most of our money intact. A little-known fact about Justin is that he used to help design Hobby Lobby stores in his architectural heyday, so it was especially fun for him.