8.08.2005

The waiting begins

The interwiews are OVER... now we shall see if anything comes of them. Even if I don't get either job I'm glad I did them and that there is a light at the end of the fork-lined tunnel.

Had a fun weekend - went to the Ingham County Fair on Friday night. I still don't understand why I love going to fairs so much... I think it's the people and animal watching, not to mention funnel cakes. They had an "exhibit" this year of live animal births where they impregnated the animals at a certain time and then induced labor during the fair. That seems just slightly wrong in a sci-fi kind of way to me for some reason - I can't quite pinopint it - but the baby animals were so cute I almost cried. The little 3-day old calf that was sucking on my fingers was particularly adorable and I didn't mind having cow slobber all over my hands in the least. We brought our friend Priya, a student from India, so she could get a taste of true Americana. Unfortunately we missed the demolition derby and monster trucks by a night!