8.30.2005

cats, dogs, and students

Last night was fairly uneventful, I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It got pretty scary there at the end. I'm looking forward to seeing how they put it into movie format. Some discussion-worthy themes in this one are discernment, truth prevailing, and lying.

I stopped by to see Evette after a fruitless search for boxes for my remaining yard sale stuff. We had quite the discussion about theories for what will happen to Harry. I had the pleasure of trying to pet three adorable animals at once who all wanted attention. I particularly enjoyed sharing my lap with Rory (the dog) and Luna (the cat) while Rory submitted to having her face licked by said cat. It was one of those cute animal moments that people send you e-mail forwards about all the time.

Justin sent out e-mails yesterday to all of the contacts that we made at the Party at the Aud on Saturday night. He's already heard back from the girl we met from the Greek Life office who was really enthusiastic about helping us out. She told us that Campus Crusade also has a frat/sorority Bible study going on that we were unaware of, which is great. Justin got the contact info for that leader as well. It's cool to see more every day how God has already been working and preparing in this area. It's a real confirmation for us that we're headed in His direction.