7.25.2005

Another scorcher

I can't remember a hotter summer here in Michigan. I always brag about our comfortable temperatures here but the 90s seem like they're here to stay. Thank the Lord for central air! Gretchen and I hit the Ann Arbor art fair early on Saturday and managed to escape before we got too fried by the heat. I did have hte sensation of feeling like a piece of produce at one point when we walked by a "mister." What a good idea!

The yard sale pile in the garage is turning into a mountain. It's a great feeling to get rid of so much stuff but overwheming to think how much is still left to purge. I'm glad we have an excuse to go through all of it. In the meantime I found some pretty hilarious pictures in some of my old files. If I can get my hands on a scanner I may put some up for your enjoyment.

Please remember us in your prayers. I feel like we're headed in the right direction ministry-wise because we've been encountering an unprecedented onslaught of spiritual opposition lately. Please pray that we would be prepared according to Ephesians 6:10-18. I especially need God's strength, perspective, and an extra dose of maturity to handle some interpersonal situations.

We are still praying for a female staff member for the Greek ministry in the fall. We know God has this situation in hand. On our drive back from Connecticut, Justin, Matt, and I took some time to study Titus together. Please pray for us and our staff to desire to be blameless, with integrity and Godly character. (Titus 2:6-8)

Some upcoming events... our first church mission trip is planned for mid-August. We are going to go up to the Bambi Lake state retreat center and give one of ther chalets a makeover. Some of our ladies have been sewing new curtains and we're getting ready to paint and redecorate. We would love for this trip to be a bonding time for our church family as well as a good serving experience.